Friday 19 September 2014

Mexico City's Pyramid Complex

I seem to be on a bit of a roll here so I am going to post some picks of my trip to the pyramids outside of Mexico City.  Martin and I took a bus at 6am and got to the gate by 9:30.  Teotihuacan: this complex was old to the Axtecs - they thought the ruins (already abandoned in their time) was the birthplace of the gods. Interestingly, some people feel there is spiritual/psychic power in this place so you occasionally come upon groups of people sitting and meditating(?).

Quetzecoatl - the feathered serpent:


I had been at the complex 30 years earlier and it is much more built up/uncovered than before, with good museum displays in place, etc.

No picture of Martin, my buddy from Kent.  An affable young man if ever there was one...He asked, as we walked along, did I think people thought we were mother and son, and I said, "yes, likely, cause I don't look rich enough to have employed you as my toy-boy."

That's all for now - Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment