Saturday 25 October 2014

Life in Tequis

Had to laugh.  A dear old friend said she was relieved to see this new blog as she thought maybe I had gotten lost in Sri Lanka - funny because I stopped writing my China blog (Chinese New Year solo trip to Sri Lanka) in March after writing 2 of the 3 planned blogs on that trip.  I got caught up, y'see, with the unpleasantness of my life in China;  I didn't lose my will to live, but I sure lost my will to live in China.  But I was conflicted, because I liked my job there.  Anyhow, after much hemming and hawing, I did choose to give notice - but I just never had the heart to resume the blog.  And it had such a good name, too - Karen in Cathay has a lovely ring to it.


So, yeah, now it is Mexico, and I am re-focussed, with new drive, to keep up a blog... We will see how we go...I have been pretty good so far, but I guess at any point I could just drop off the map again.
So today, there is no theme - all random shots to show you.






















Yes, people really do ride horses down the main street of my little area of Tequisquiapan:

                   and goats really do get herded right past the main gates of the school I teach at:
and in both pics you can see the cobbles on the road.
Here are two particularly wonderful kids I teach - Alan and Pablo (of course) - yes, they are as bright as they look - and funny and fun.  I LOVE my Lit classes with them.  

A clever way to sharpen knives:

So many great places to wander by or wander into in the towns (this is a restaurant):
:

Adios from me and the cucaracha!



KMG



No comments:

Post a Comment